Saturday, October 11, 2014

Studio Blog - Day Six - at Brighton Electric

Saturday 23 August
I’ve given up a lot of control with these tracks, which is good, it’s what I wanted to do with the music, get other creatives on board. It’s not all glitz and glamour, there’s a lot of sitting around, listening, I feel like I’ve tried to have my own input though, but feeling very brain fried.  As it’s my first time in this kind of setting, I feel a bit whack, kind of like I should be doing everything, but that’s not why I’m here.
I’m here for a full experience, working with other people to lap up their knowledge and learn from them.
I feel really overwhelmed, because I’m used to having full control.
A While, Hunter, The Dust, Unknown Water.
I feel brain dead – kind of like I’m putting a lot of reliance on Dan and Mike to produce things.
This has been such a long time coming and I’ve built it up so much in my head I just want to make the most of it.
I hope I have. I feel like I’ve tried to and that the music has grown so much. I’m just hoping that I’m growing with it and really learning from these two.
It’s almost like they’re both just so talented that I just keep saying “I like this” I like that”.
I worked hard to get here. I’m working hard on every single thing, it’s hard work breaking the barriers of your songs and letting other people in them.
Lots of long hours in the studio and a lot of the creativity has come from Dan and Mike. My creativity has been there too. With vocals in the second week, that's when I'll shine. 

I think I just built it up in my mind to be all fun and games, kind of forgetting the long studio hours at BPM and the reality of it.

I think comparing these tracks with my original ones will help me learn too.

I think I’m just struggling with handing over a lot of the power, which I’m not used to as a solo musician.

From where I was on day one though, in the kitchen, to now… this has come so far.

I’ve gotta remember that this is how I felt in my marketing job, that I was inadequate. Now look at me, super professional.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Live the life you lust.