Thursday, August 21, 2014

Studio Blog - Day Two - at Brighton Electric

Tuesday 19 August
First up we work on A While. I meet Jimi, James, Tom and some others in the cafĂ© part. It’s an interactive little area where everyone goes to hang out. I like hanging about out there… it’s nice. Makes me feel like I’m really being myself in this environment. Could bump into someone cool too!
We came into studio and felt like BPM (the studios where my Bachelor degree was based), immediately felt more relaxed.
I slept awfully last night and haven’t really woken up yet or meditated, maybe feeling disheveled today is the best way to be? Stormy..?
Mike Lord has set up his synth and I have my guitar out about to change the strings. Jimi changed them for me, which was lovely of him.
Today we are getting a good scope on the songs and how they will sound. I’m excited and scared and nervous and thus... feel like it’s just a regular day. SO WEIRD!!!! Have too many reactions to feel any.
Also had some emails from home and work this morning so my mind is a few places. A
bout to have a deep breathe and become mindful and in the present moment. 1,2,3 BANG I’M here!!! Does it work like that? I know it doesn’t. Count five things count five things.
Working on A While – introducing electric guitar, which is different but awesome!!!
We start working on Hunter, this song Dan told me he wanted to “wet himself” over.

Both of these guys are so experienced and fluent in the studio, I almost feel a little numb to everything, but need to remember that I wrote these songs and that’s where they’re coming from, so I’m an important element too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live the life you lust.