Thursday, August 21, 2014

Studio Blog - Day Three - at Brighton Electric

Wednesday 20 August
We are working very fast which is a whirlwind, but really great experience. I feel separated from the music, which is probably a good thing, working with amazing professionals who are experienced and hard workers.
Working on Unknown Water, love this song really, even though it’s mine. Am I allowed to say that?
I’ve never worked like this, giving so much control to other people, really teaching me to be clear about my musical choices and what I want to sound like. Mike and Dan are capturing it beautifully though.
We are making “Canyon Music” as Dan calls it, like a storm across a canyon.
I want to make music that is powerful and makes a point.
I feel like we’re achieving this.
Mike is working so hard.
I learnt today that Dan says no to some bands, this must mean that I have something to offer. That makes me feel a sense of achievement.
Dan describes Unknown Water as “Unrequited sizzle”… otherwise known as lust.
We’re building like a Laura Marling song, who would have thought after loving her music I’d be emulating elements?
We’re onto The Dust now… Dan describes it as Gypsy Spanish music.
Mike samples through his Komplete Ultimate, we’re achieving some sweet sounds. I can’t believe I’m doing this for myself, I’m so proud of myself. Mike is programming this percussive beat that captures effortlessly the “oomph” of and drive I want for this track.
I don’t think I realized until today how out of place I was feeling, everything seems a lot clearer upon reflection… I’m feeling so much more settled today and really like I belong.

Feeling like I’m growing as an artist from working with these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live the life you lust.